Zoning codes around 2304 West 8th Avenue
By Lewis Kelly
RT-8 – Two-Family Dwelling District
• Allows one- and two-family dwellings to be built on a lot.
• Buildings may be no more than 35 feet tall, and cannot have more than two stories.
• The floor space ratio (the square footage of the house divided by the size of the lot ) cannot exceed 0.50.
RM-4 – Multiple Dwelling District
• Permits medium-density residential development – six or more apartments in a single building.
• The buildings must be 550 square feet or more, and may be no more than 35 feet tall.
• Floor space ratio must be 0.75 or less.
C-3A – Commercial District
• Zoning for barber shops, libraries, offices, museums, bowling alleys and similar businesses.
• Buildings can be no more than 30 feet tall.
• Floor space ratio must be 1.00 or less.
CD-1 – Comprehensive Development
• Each site zoned CD-1 is subject to its own custom by-law.
• In the case of the 2304 West 8th site, CD-1 zoning allows for a maximum height of 43.6 feet, a maximum floor space ratio of 1.99, and one level of underground parking.