By Lara Howsam
When thinking about the things I want to do before I turn 30, I also have to point out there are some things on my list that I have actually crossed off.
- Bungee Jump — I did my jump at The Kawarau Bridge in Queensland, New Zealand. It was petrifying! The worst part was actually willing myself to jump off the bridge – but once I did it, and I bounced back up, I started laughing. I was hanging upside down and yelling at my friend that we had to do it again!
- Visit Every Continent — North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia — I have been fortunate enough to travel to many places around the world. One of my main goals is to visit every continent before I turn thirty. I have only two – Africa and South America – to go!
- Go to the Olympics — I was right in the action for the duration of the Vancouver 2010 Games. It was amazing to be part of this historical Canadian event!
- Hang-out with a star — I was chosen as Paul Brandt’s guest blogger for a humanitarian trip. Hanging out with Paul was awesome and the best part is – I realized he is a totally normal, great guy!
- Participate in a foreign charity project — I was able to go to Cambodia with the organizations Ratanak and Place of Rescue on a charity mission dealing with orphans and children that are victims of the sex trade. Participating in a project like this was a life changing, eye opening experience that I hope everyone has a chance to do.
- Be backstage at a great concert— There is nothing like being backstage for a big concert. I watched TimMcGraw in Palm Springs, California at Stagecoach Festival.
- Have the PERFECT day — My perfect day was spent at a beautiful lake in Northern Saskatchewan on a boat with wonderful friends. It was one of those great summer days that lasted forever.
- Learn to surf — I think I can only half cross this off because I know how to surf behind a boat – not in the ocean waves!
- Drink out of a watermelon — This is one of those silly things you see people do and think it will be great and it is just not as good as it looks – but it was fun! Click here if you want to know how to make it.
- Own a cabin in Waskesiu — I grew up going to Waskesiu Lake in Prince Albert National Park in Northern Saskatchewan. Last year my brother and I bought a little cabin there and I cannot wait to make further memories in the future.
- Graduate University with good marks – I completed a Bachelor of Arts Honours at The U of S
- Swim in a perfect blue ocean on a beautiful beach — The most perfect beach I have visited was in Samoa. The best part about it was there was no one around.
- Sky Dive — Jumping out of that plane was both the biggest thrill and the biggest scare of my life. I did my jump in Taupo, New Zealand.
These are a few things that I have done – and I have a lot more to do!
no images were found